Sunday, January 13, 2013

Holiday



My family doesn't celebrate any holidays. It was very shame for me since I had to envy my friend’s families. However, there was one time that my family actually celebrates the New Year. We went over my cousin’s house and ate Korean traditional food like 떡국. When we went my cousin’s house, everything looked very strange since my families don’t like to meet other members of our distinguished family. I asked my father about our families’ strangeness. Since I was like six years old back then, so my father didn't told me exact answer. However, now that I think of it, I think because back in the 1970’s when my father had to leave his family and go to Seoul (Capital city of South Korea) for great opportunity, he didn't had many chances to go to family meeting. Like twenty years later he had many chances to go to family meeting. However, he didn't go because it is true that we feel strange when we meet some people whom we haven’t met for long time. Since then, my father avoids to go to family meeting because he doesn't want to stay in strangeness. I still feel little bad about how my parents don’t like to cooperate with our distinguished loyal Korean family. Perhaps, when I grow up, I will spend more time on making my family glorious and honorable.



The traditional Korean soup 떡국 which I had to eat during the celebration of New Year in Korea.






Note: This is the late work that you gave me when I was not at the SCHOOL

No comments:

Post a Comment