Monday, December 10, 2012

Quote ID from Exam

Quote ID

I am glad I have found this napkin: This was her first remembrance from the Moor: My wayward husband hath a hundred times Woo'd me to steal it; but she so loves the token, For he conjured her she should ever keep it, that she reserves it evermore about her To kiss and talk to. I'll have the work ta'en out, And give't Iago: what he will do with it heaven knows, not I; I nothing but to please his fantasy.

Emilia says this line to herself describing that she will give Othello's handkerchief to her husband, Iago. This property turns out to be one of the biggest parts in Othello. Iago the snake use handkerchief to trick Othello. Because of it, Othello become sure that Desdemona is cheating on him. The trail of handkerchief is quite far. First, Othello give this napkin to Desdemona. Second, Emilia steal the napkin from Desdemona. Third, Emilia gives this napkin to Iago to make him satisfied(we can see that by Emilia saying "I nothing but to please his fantasy"). Last, Iago tells Emilia to leave this handkerchief in Cassio's room and Cassio gives this handkerchief to his girl friend Bianca. After all, Bianca throw this napkin in to Cassio's face by thinking that Cassio obtained handkerchief from another girl. Emilia is some type of slave to Iago because she doesn't ask her husband a reason when Iago tells her to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment